Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Night Before Turkey ...




The Night Before Turkey,
and all through the house ...
Mom and Grandma are cookin'
and I'm buggin' about.

My sniffer's on overload
There's food to be smelled,
I can't help it if Turkey-Day's
only a day away.

By golly I need food
or I'll just melt away.
Turkey, and gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberries
Carrots and corn
And another growl from my belly.

Mom's got side dishes galore,
and all they're preparing,
Right now for me?
Hmmmmm ... just dad's favorite
KeyLimePie yogurt, and a Mary-Chino Cherry.


--- Don't I look nifty sportin' my muzzle and ball-cap? Dad took me to a local ballgame, and I got to watch two teams of kids smash each other on a football field.
And peeps in the stands didn't "shush" me when I started to bark at the ref.

Matter-of-fact, I got "high fives" from the peeps behind Dad and me ... and some dude Dad knows gave me half of his ballpark Frank. MMMMmmmmm, half of a chilidog is better than none, you know. I gave him a big mustard and ketchup grin, and a big kiss.

You know, I almost jumped onto the field to bite the ref for another "bad call", but Dad kept me tethered. Shucks!

Better luck next time.

Shadow, C-A-T!

5 comments:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I'll bet that I get more turkey than YOU do!!
DMM

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to DaisyMae's Uncle James!

And even more belated birthday wishes to you, Shadow Saluki!

~J&B

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to DaisyMae's Uncle James!

And even more belated birthday wishes to you, Shadow Saluki!

~J&B

Around Your Wrist said...

h.b., shadow! and definitely to your dad!

hope you got plenty of turkey!

we had snow here today. it was sure pretty. the trees and golf course are covered with deep white.

cousins ben and lucy

The Devil Dog said...

Thank you for your kind words of support during mom's difficult time. She very much appreciates it.

Roxy & Lucky